It is important that you understand the full operation of your RC surfing devices. Please Please RESPECT every aspect of surfing to keep everyone safe!
Don’t have the time or the tools? We would love to help…
Contact email@example.com or text the RCSurfRider Repair Shop for tune up’s and/or rebuilds, brushless pro mod thruster set up’s.
We’re open daily and have high level of experience. Service tel. 714-290-0289.
1. Enjoy your RC surfer with your guardian or protector if you are under 15 years old.
2. Always take precautionary measures to avoid accidents and respect everything!
3. Never put your hands or objects into hot or rotating parts.
4. Always be considerate of other beach users while using this wave riding model. You are responsible for the model’s /device’s assembly and safe operation!
Before RC Surfing – RC SurfRider Preflight Check List
1. If you did not receive your RCsurfboard from RCSurfRider you must do the following. Locate your receiver and waterproof it. Do this by covering it with a round 9 to 10 inch poly bag. Use silicone and wire ties to seal the open end.
2. Make sure radio controller batteries are fully charged.
3. Make sure the lipo’s battery is fully charged and securely attached. Make sure your batteries are completely cooled down before recharging!Read lipo instructions before use.
4. Make sure nobody is on your frequency when running at the same time in the same area if you are using the older radio controller set up. Digital is the way to go however…
5. With the main battery disconnected, make sure the propeller is securely attached.
6. Make sure all rotating metal parts are greased before and after every session. Prop shaft alignment very important for runtimes…
7. Make sure when you turn on the radio control transmitter power, it should be the first thing to turn on and the last thing to turn off.
8. Ensure that the steering rudder and speed control /motor, operate according to your inputs on the transmitter. All moving parts should move freely, without binding and losing battery run times
9. RCSurfRider Q.C. ensures that your RCsurfboard is water tight by performing a pre leak test upon completion but it is always good practice to perform your own test periodically before or after general use. You can perform this simple test with a garden hose or tub.
10. Very important! Make sure to tighten the 4 or 6 main deck screws with care! Over-tightening could lead to cracks and/or under-tightening could lead to a leak. Find and feel the sweat spot for the correct deck screw toque.
After RC Surfing and Every Day Maintenance
1. Rinse your surfer EXTERNALLY ONLY ,with , fresh water before removing deck lid with a spray bottle if sandy. After a session check the rudder hatch, rinse out, dry and re-grease.
2. Make sure screws and nuts are securely tightened and other parts are not worn.
3. Grease all rotating parts.
4. Repair the wiring, should if wires be damaged or drag into rotating parts.
5. Make sure all parts are neither worn nor damaged.
6. Remove all sand or salt water (if any) from inside both rudder and main compartment. Use compressed air or vacuum for the sand or dirt. ALWAYS use eye protection.
7. Check the antenna and make sure this is secure. (Please Note) Digital radio’s do not use external antenna’s.
8. Remove and clean drive shaft and guide tube with tool, then reapply water proof grease.
9. Unplug any battery after each use and allow battery to cool off before recharging. Brush out any sand off of seal after each battery run with a tooth brush. Keep your device dry as possible. NO OILS
10. Remove sand from main hatch before replacing re-chargeable battery.
11. Most charger takes 2 to 6 hours to charge depending on the manufactures spec’s.
12. RCSurfRider’s Liop pro AC/DC charger takes approx one hour 3.0 amps to charge 5200 2cell lipo. (better run time more power)
Old school 5000NICD or 5000 NIMH 40 min for full charge
13. Always store your rc surfboard device with the deck lid (main hatch) off the rubber seal. Our deck seal’s are memory foam and need 5 mins to grow / reform back to the original shape /size
14. Always be sure to eliminate any salt, saltwater, and sand off your RC surfboard before storage and it will last for generations. We still do tune up’s on boards we built 20 years ago.